Wednesday 21 October 2009

A Very Proud Mummy

If any one would like to ask me what I want for my children it would be for them to be happy and balance individuals.




Well MadDad and I spent the evening at the minimads school talking to the boys teachers and I have come away a very happy bunny.

We were told we should be proud of our children as they are balanced, happy and well mannered children. 

MiniMad is in the Preschool and you will remember that it was terrible getting him settled, but it seems all in the distant past.  His key worker, who is the head of nursery informed us he was a real joy.  A very social child, who has good interpersonal skills and has integrated well with all the children in his group.  He is happy to share, but also enjoys playing on his own too.  He loves the musical instruments and the kitchen area.  He is also very clever, but we can cross that bridge later!!

MaxiMads teacher has sorted out his individual education plan for the gifted and talented programme, so we discussed that and signed off on it.  She said he is a very well rounded individual who is a joy to have in the classroom.  Well you couldn't have wiped the smile of our faces.  Even though he knows all the answers first, he lets others answer, he  shows the other children how to do things.  He says please and thank you.  It was wonderful to here that you are doing a good job. 

We know that MaxiMad loves school, it is lovey to here how well he was doing and to see the things he is doing.  We saw a shopping list he had written independently and it was great, most of the words were spelled correctly.  We saw the wizards shop and spells he had written.  we heard how much responsibility he takes and how well he is doing and I swelled with pride.  I love my little men.  I want them to be happy and will make the necessary sacrifices.



It was lovely to hear his teacher say that we are doing a great job. 

Over the last few days I have been trying to ensure that we live in the present.  Yesterday is History, Tomorrow a Mystery, Today is a Gift, That's why it's called the Present, as the saying goes.  We never know what will happen in the future, so we all agreed that it is best for the boys to play and enjoy today.  They are only baby's and they should be happy and just because they can do something doesn't mean that they have to.

We used to live down south, but came back to the North East as I wanted to spend time with my children, to watch them grow and influence their lives.  When again will I have the chance to spend this much time with my children, to make them the people that they are and also to enjoy the happiness and joy they bring.

I am so happy that when the boys ask if they can go to the park after school, that I can say "of course", that I can go with the flow and come down to their level.  I can giggle like a child and kick up the fallen leaves.  I can have fun on the swings and sing happy and you know it at the top of my voice. 

Being a mum is a wondrous experiance that I am grabbing with both hands, we have made many sacrifices along the way to get where we are, but ultimately being a mum can not be measured in a material way.  I am giving this job 100%.  I know that is is not conventional or follows the feminine line, but I believe that you can not "have everything".  I could not work, be the best mum I can and also be a wife and good friend.  It isn't easy, nor is it the populist view, but it suits us


6 comments:

A Modern Mother said...

Yeah you! Keep up the good work and those boys are gorgeous!

BadPenny said...

well done you .. be proud you are a fab mum. Don't ever feel bad about staying at home with the kids... it's wonderful !! I'm all for equality etc but I wouldn't have changed being a stay at home mum for anything

You deserve to swell with pride - they sound like lovely little boys xx

dottycookie said...

I couldn't agree with your sentiments more. Good for you - whatever you're doing it clearly works!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! How lovely to hear nice things like that from the teachers, just makes you realise that you're on the right track and that your actions are correct and sacrifices are worth it.

Don't feel guilty about being a stay-at-home Mum, I have met very few Mum's who choose to work too.

Josie said...

Well done boys!! Fab news - you must be sooo proud of them.

I am learning a lot from you at the moment - wish I had half your strength and positivity xx

Louise said...

Well done you ! I would have expected nothing less ;-) It's good to know that my parenting role model is getting it right xx

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails