Monday 19 October 2009

A shelf makeover

We had this white shelf in the garage, since we moved in 3 years ago, we bought it with the intention of using it in  the hall area, but it was damaged and the company refunded us.  We found a better solution for the hall and we were not sure where to put it, or all that enamoured with the white finish.



Finally we decided on a place above my chalkboard painted wall in the kitchen, but I just didn't like the white.

My solution, paint it hot pink



2 coats of primer and 3 coats of pink spray paint later (which we had in the garage, but for the life of me can not remember what we bought it for) it was ready for MadDad to install.



What can I say, after reading the MiniMads what seemed like endless bedtime stories, he installed it for me.



We both love it.  Isn't it amazing how a can of spray paint can make something perfectly ordinary into something that you love. 

Whilst we are on the topic of Hot pink, look at this curtain that I am going to turn into bags for my nieces for Christmas.  It cost all of £2.00, real bargain.  I hope I have enough left for me a book bag too!




I got my new to me sewing machine back from the church shop on Saturday from its service and am so excited to have my own sewing machine.  MadDad dropped the one I had borrowed from his mum back and my mum still has the one I managed to break too.  When we are a little more flush I will get it serviced and repaired.


7 comments:

BadPenny said...

Wow ! that looks GR 8 !!!

Louise said...

Good to see that you're 'in the pink';) Really impressed with your sewing exploits...what sort of bags are you making ? They'll look fab in that fabric :)

Jen Walshaw said...

Hi there, I was planning to do a book bah type as I have got them art things for Christmas and also a pencil and crayon roll in contrasting and co-ordinating fabric!! I am only a beginner on the sewing but really enjoying it

dottycookie said...

Lovely lovely shelf! And good luck with the book bags - always a popular gift!

Kasey at Thrifty Little Blog said...

What a fun color! I love how the shelf looks abot the chalkboard :).

cherry said...

love the way the shelf turned out it looks great with the chalk board. hugs, Cherry

Quirky Cottage Owners said...

I love the finished project. That pink tops off the chalkboard black beautifully. Great job.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails