Sunday 4 October 2009

Spiritual Sunday

By perseverance the snail reached the ark.
Charles Haddon Spurgeon

I thought that this was very apt this week, as we have been soldiering on regardless with MiniMad and his issues with attending Preschool.

It has been a hard and heartbreaking week and many afternoons I have come home and had a good sob about leaving him somewhere he clearly doesn't want to be.  The thing is he only cries for about 5 minutes and then gets on with things and tells me he has had a lovely time when I come to collect him, so we decided to keep trying.

Well guess what, on Friday we had a breakthrough.  I took him on a play date Friday morning with a little girl who is in the same group as him and then made sure that they saw each other once Preschool started and I was able to slip away without any tears being shed, his or mine.

When I collected him, he was a very happy little bunny, who told me he would like to go back tomorrow - shame it was the weekend.

So hopefully little, by little we will get there. 


3 comments:

Snowfairy said...

I am going through exactly the same with my little girl and even though most days the separation bit is tricky, we seemed to be getting there slowly. She is so happy at home time, which I feel that perhaps her morning hasn't been too bad.

Jen Walshaw said...

Thanks for the coment Snowfairy. We had a much better time of it today. No tears were his first words to me at hometime. I think we were just transitioning. Hard for a 35 year old, let alone a 3 year old!!

BadPenny said...

hello Mummy Mad ! Catching up on all the Blogs - everyone else still asleep ..I'm on Greek Time. We've been through the strapped for cash times - it's a HORRIBLE stress. You are wonderful - keep going. You are a fabulous mum xx

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails