Thursday 29 October 2009

A Warm October Day

Today has been a totally unseasonably warm day for late October, maybe global warming has started, but I am not complaining as it is half term and the mini's need lots of exercise.  On a typical Thursday we do our shopping with my mum, so we set off to our local Aldi and got the shopping for mum and us and then decided to spend the rest of the day having some Fun.




Now I have to say that I was taking the shopping to the car when the above was happening and was not all that happy that mum allowed both the mini's to put holes in the bums of their trousers, especially as one pair is new.  However the boys were having a blast.



The fishermen had been out and were selling their catch from the boats on the sea fronts.  I love dabs and they are wonderful bought fresh from the boats and cooked in a little butter.



Maximad loves the sea just like me, he would have stood and watched the waves all day and night if we let him.  He is at peace on the beach.  We had a wonderful hour chasing the tide back out.



MiniMad decided to join us watching the waves and the seaweed for a while.  He stood next to his big brother chatting away.



MiniMad got sick of watching the sea and decided it was time for a paddle, now I grant you it was unseasonable warm, but it wasn't that warm - this is the North Sea we are talking about!!

Good job I had wellies in the car.  We decided to then retire to the wonderful ice cream parlor on the seafront, which hasn't changed since the 60's and had lemon top ice creams, well the boys did, I had a lovely pot of tea.  We have had a pretty perfect day.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

What a lovely day! That ice cream parlour sounds really great, having not changed for all that time, as long as the ice cream isn't that old! Suzie. xxx

A Modern Mother said...

How clever of you to live by the sea! When the girls were little we lived on the beach in California, and I miss having the waves so close...

BadPenny said...

I love the pics of the boys by the sea. Guess you'll be patching those trousers ! My two both bottom shuffled & never crawled so wore out bottoms & not knees !

Dorset Dispatches said...

Perfect day. How lovely to be able to pop to the sea for the afternoon, I'm ever so jealous. I might introduce bum shuffle races for this afternoons entertainment.... probably inside though due to vile weather and desire to keep trouser bottoms intact!

Jen Walshaw said...

Yes I fear that I need some boys material to patch their lovley trousers - BD
MM - I think California would be great. I was born near the sea and always wanted to be back near it. The boys share my love of all things sea and sand
FM - Bum shuffle races sound cool to me, I think that straw diving may take place in TheMadHouse over the weekend.
Suzie - I love Pacitto's icecream. It takes me right back to my childhood and getting some every sat come rain or shine with my dad and grandad. That and Elephants Feet!!

Anonymous said...

I'm really loving this weather. It seems warmer that the last summer we had. Wish we lived by the sea at times like this.Love the pictures :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails