Wednesday 21 October 2009

Picture Perfect Meme

Linda at 'You've got your hands full' tagged me with the Picture Perfect Meme, which Tara at Sticky Fingers started.

You have to show a picture that your children have drawn about you.

You may remember that a little while ago MaxiMad made a trip to the local sorting office where he saw the life cycle of a postcard he had previously posted.  Well on that postcard was a picture of his family.



A while back MadDad ordered me the the wonderful Handmade home by Amanda Blake Soule, who is Soulemamma.  In it she makes Portrait Bookmarks (she has a free PDF with the instructions on here). 

I thought these were a great idea for the Grandparents at Christmas, but thought I would give it a try with the above drawing first.  Now I haven't embroidered since school, although I have been know to do a couple of cross stitches, so it is by no means perfect, but I love the finished product.



I have backed it with some denim from an old worn through pair of jeans and used ribbon from my stash.  I already had the tea towel I have embroidered on to and the thread from an old cross stitch, so this has cost nothing.

I was so proud of MaxiMads drawing and this is a fitting way of recording it and one I will get to look at all the time.  I have already started on the rest of the family and everyone should get one for Christmas.


7 comments:

BadPenny said...

Oh that is just FAB...I want to learn how to do that !

Tara@Sticky Fingers said...

Ok, now you're just showing off.
Absolutely brilliant. Big ole gold star for you x

Dorset Dispatches said...

I love it. I've just picked up some embroidery silks, maybe I should try some...

ps - I tried our your castle and it worked ever so well, so thanks for the idea. The turrets have come off 100 times already and Adam has installed a couple of canons but it has been a hit!

Unknown said...

What a fantastic idea. I love the picture is wonderful1 Suzie. xxx

Insomniac Mummy said...

That is a really fab idea!

:)

Anonymous said...

That's really fab! I love it! The best things in life are free, as they say!

Sarah - Red Gingham said...

Oh fabulous!!! That's just how my three year old draws people too! What a very lovely gift. And that ribbon is just perfect. What a fab mam you are.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails