Friday 16 October 2009

Autumn Days and the Grass is Jeweled

My wonderful Fly friend Wendy sent this craft all ready prepared for the minimads all I added was the colour changing felt tips which had been supplied by my mother in law earlier in the year.




Basically she printed out the tree and the leaves and we coloured them in with the colour change felt tips and then changed them to represent the autumnal colours that we see all around us at the moment. 




This became a discussion on photosynthesis and why some tree lose their leaves and others dont - quite in dept for my 35 year old head, let alone minimads 3 year old brain who thought up all these questions.



He really enjoyed the colouring, cutting, which I helped with and all the sticking (this boy loves glue).

A nice simple Autumn activity.

4 comments:

whoatemycrayons said...

How wonderful. I find that you can't go wrong with colouring in, cutting and glue! Classic sprog-distraction combination.

Unknown said...

I love seeing children busy at the table crating and being creative! Suzie. xxx

Wendy said...

Glad it was enjoyed! Wendyx

Jen Walshaw said...

The simpler the better is my motto, they love easy things that cover their attention span!!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails