Saturday 31 October 2009

Homemade Hearts for the MiniMads



I finished the hearts for the minimads tonight.  These are made with inspiration from Amanda Blake-Soules Handmade Home.

I made them from a baby blanket that MaxiMad was given from a dear friend (well the truth is we pinched it from her, as she had two and we liked it that much), who now is living back in her home country of South Africa.



MiniMad used the blanket too, so it has lots of meaning for both the boys and me too and it is such a lovely soft brushed cotton.

They are stuffed with scraps and dried lavender and have a pocket with a card in and a little message for each of the boys.  The cards are called a little box of big thoughts from Winstons Wish, I use them to record little things and pop them in the boys memory boxes.

I intend to give the hearts to them tomorrow, so that they have something tangible to hold whilst I am in hospital.


8 comments:

Sew Scrumptious said...

What a lovely idea. They are gorgeous and I'm sure they will be treasured for ever. x

dottycookie said...

That's a very sweet idea.

BadPenny said...

lovely hearts

BadPenny said...

thinking about you ...

Unknown said...

Thats a really lovely idea, I might steal it! I hope everything goes alright in hospital

BadPenny said...

PS !!! a message for you on my blog xxx

Les said...

Jenny, you are such a true and lovely person. What a beautiful thing to do for the boys. Love, Grouchy Les

A Modern Mother said...

Congrats -- you've won a shredder on my blog? Please can you email me @ amodernmother (at) gmail (dot) com.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails