Friday 2 October 2009

Thrifty Christmas over at Violet Posie

I don't know about you, but we are pretty strapped for cash at the moment and with Christmas on its way, I am looking at ways of making it less expensive and more thoughtful, less consumer driven and more cared for and considered. So when I saw that Violet Posie was hosting a Thrifty Christmas’ Carnival from the 9-12th November, I though yep that is for me.




I have a few ideas up my sleeve for things that I will be making for all this Christmas, so will be participating, but I am also keen for some more ideas and can not wait for my imagination to be peaked.

We actually don't buy many Christmas presents but it does all seem to add up, this year we will be giving to the following:

2 Nieces
Mum
Mums best friend (Christmas pudding)
Mother in Law and Farther in Law
4 close friends children
Boys Godparents
Our Homestart helper
The toddler group helpers (small appreciation gift - last year we made mini Christmas cakes and fudge)
Teachers and teaching assistants (7 in total)

The MiniMads are pretty much done, as I have been squirrelling things away each month, so that we don't have a large outlay near to Christmas and plus they don't really want for anything and have no real needs.

So for me Christmas means lots of baking, cooking, preparing and love.  I have already purchased the dried fruit for the Christmas cakes and Christmas puddings and will be putting them in soak over the weekend. 

What are your Christmas traditions, what do you give away and how many people do you give too?



3 comments:

Local Girl said...

Thanks for joining in :) I hoping there are going to be lots of great ideas. I'm going to attempt to make soap! LOL!

I love Christmas and I do think there is nothing better than having a handmade present from a loved one. We have a hefty Christmas list

My Parents
His Parents
His brother
his sister & her hubby
5 nieces and nephews
My Goddaughter
6 children of friends
Daughter's Teacher & Teaching Assistant

So a Thrifty Christmas is needed at our house ;)

Look forward to seeing what you come up with x

Chris - The bestest godfather. said...

Awsome as Finleys bestest Godfather i was something that isnt made of tango cans or capri sun packets please!

Jen Walshaw said...

Violet Posey - We made an agreement last year to not buy for our Brothers and families, just the children. It took a real load off.

And Bro - You would think you could spell your godson's name correctly!!!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails