Sunday 15 November 2009

Spiritual Sunday



Practice rather than Preach

Now I know that this seems such as easy thing to type, but it is not an easy thing to do.  We have decided that we need to be examples for our children, we need to be their mentors and motivator, so in doing this MadDad and I need to be proactive in practicing what we preach, or rather not say and just do!

This is an on-going project for MadDad and me and oh so much easier said than it is to do, so I am having to really focus and set the right example for my children.

3 comments:

BadPenny said...

not easy !

A friend once suggested that I took a part time job so that I would be a good role model to my children. I looked her in the eye and said calmly, " Oh, I already know I'm a good role model for my children "


I've been swearing a bit recently & my thirteen year old son has been telling me off ... !!!

Anonymous said...

It's the hardest thing to do. My biggest problem is stopping myself from shouting at the children, when I tell them never to shout and anyone :(

I stopped by to thank you for your kind comments over at mine. It was a pretty bleak night, and having instant support across the blogosphere helped more than you could know. Thank you. x

BadPenny said...

I used to shout a lot when I was tired out & on my own a great deal ( husband working abroad )

The kidz are teens now & seem fairly well ajusted !!!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails