Thursday 5 November 2009

Master Mad the Bakers Boy

I love baking and cooking with the MiniMads, well I love doing anything with them to tell the truth.  Normally we would bake and made from scratch, but as I am recovering from my latest surgery, I thought me and MiniMad would cheat a bit and use a packet mix to make some cakes.

I had picked up a packet of Green's cake mix for this purpose last time we were in Aldi and it had been reduced to 49p even better.



MiniMad had great fun doing all the work himself, whilst MaxiMad was at Swimming Lesson.  He put his cases in the tin.




He added the egg and water himself and then did the mixing, whist I watched.



He scooped the mix in to the cases



He scooped the remaining mixture into his mouth, then I popped the cakes in to a preheated oven.



He then had fun decorating them and more fun eating them with MAxiMad when he got in.  As you can tell MiniMad is a very hands on little man, he likes to do things himself regardless of whether or not he has done it before, so this was a really great way of him doing the majority of the work and was great fun for me.

So yes I am taking things easy, but I am still doing things within limits with the boys and having great fun.

We are off to My Bro and SIL's club tonight for the Children's Fireworks Part and I for one can not wait.  Happy and safe Guy Fawkes night everyone



5 comments:

BadPenny said...

yummy. Have a good time tonight

A Modern Mother said...

I love bakign with the girls too, just that everything seems to end up on the floor and they insist on eating all the batter! Thanks for posting about Madeleine.

Unknown said...

That is one of the joys of motherhood, baking with the children! Hope your are recovering well! suzie. xxx

BadPenny said...

Suzie - Itch2stitch continued with the invisible friend theme today...

I think we bloggers are like, " invisible friends " so... from one of yours, Big Hugs, have a lovely weekend and don't over do it. You are RESTING aren't you ?

Unknown said...

You really put me to shame - I love baking with the kids but hate the mess, plus they get bored half way through!

Really hope you're getting over the op ok. Your previous post with your messages to your boys is so heartwarming - it made me cry... xxx

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails