Saturday 26 December 2009

A Wonderful White Christmas

I do hope that everyone is having a great Christmastime.  We have been having a fantastic time here in TheMadHouse.

Christmas Eve was spent wrapping, wrapping and more wrapping, as all the presents were hidden in the loft until last minute to make sure that we dont spoil it for the children.



We also made sure that we ate the mince pie and carrot and also drank the drink left for Father Christmas.  The Mini's managed till about 5.50am, but we didnt come downstairs until 6.30am.  The rule here is that stockings are opened straight away and that other gifts after breakfast and once we are all dressed.  Rhis was no issue for the mini's as Father Christmas had left light sabers and malteezers in their stockings.



We then spend most of the morning, in between MadDad checking on Lunch (he did it all this year, from prapping the veg on Christmas eve, to making the sausage meat stuffing with MiniMad) opening and playing with presents.  The boys loved everything that they were given and were mighty lucky in that there are some very generous people out there (we were lucky to have been nominated for the Mumsnet Secret Santa).



We all sat down for a wonderful feast, including Boy Booze (sparkling pomegranet juice) for the mini's and a glass of pink fizz for me (only one as I was driving later in the day).  Being only the four of us for Christmas dinner, we had the things we like to eat, turkey, stuffing, sausages, roasted veg (carrots, parsnip, swash, onions and turnip from the garden), roast potatoes and gravy.  It was yummy.


We then all had a relaxing afternoon playing with more of the boys toys, they really loved their Leapfrog Tag systems that I picked up in the sales last January!!

We then went to my inlaws for a late afternoon tea, the boys loved spending time with Nana and Granddad and were glued to the TV for The Gruffello.



Then back home for me and MadDad to have a lovly relaxing evening and lots of cuddles from Mr Smudge.

We have spent today at Harrogate and spent our Christmas money (from the inlaws), they were very generous.  I dont really like enclosed shopping areas and we all love Harrogate with all the open spaces, which were filled with Snowmen.  We all managed to get something we wanted, so a successful outing for all.

We are really looking forward to tomorrow, which we are spending at my mums with my brother, sister in law and niece, there will be present exchanging, eating, drinking, joking and lots and lots of messing about. 



Share/Save/Bookmark

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas! I love Harrogate too.

san said...

Your Christmas sounds brilliant. I can't wait until my boys get excited about Santa and we can stay at home and eat what we like instead of going to the in-laws! Gosh, that sounds ungrateful, but I'd like to have Christmas day for just us four. Your cat is gorgeous too x

geekymummy said...

Looks likes a lovely day. It is only now reading your post that I realized I forgot to cook my parsnips! they are still in the fridge!

Anonymous said...

What a lovely day you had. And you managed to get some great photos too, unlike me!

We were also glued to the Gruffalo, wasn't it adorable? My two kept asking questions all the way through ("why's he doing that?") which was driving me bonkers, as we have the book and they know the story well enough to recite it with me!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails