Tuesday 1 December 2009

Advent Calenders a Plenty




Sound the Trumpets
Beat the drums
Advent is
When Jesus Comes



It feels as though I have been talking about it for week, but here it is in its old and tatty glory, my advent calender.  I won this aged 6 at Sunday School for a special drawing.

I had to drag it off my mother when the boys were born as we all adore it and have searched high and low for a similar one to no avail.

So the plan is to regale you with a poem and picture from it each day as it tells the story of advent.  It is such a nice way to discuss things with the minimads and it sits on our dining table for us to discuss each meal time. 



I have also strung the stocking advent calender I made too.  They will get their task card once home from school this evening!!





Bookmark and Share

11 comments:

Sarah Cooper said...

What a wonderful idea for a blog. I particularly like the stockings, what sort of things do you put on the task cards?

Jen Walshaw said...

You can find the full list on this post http://themadhouse-themadhouse.blogspot.com/2009/11/themadhouse-advent-calendar.html

I am hoping it keeps them active.

Floss said...

Excellent calendar - I have never seen one like it myself.

Unknown said...

That's a lovely homemade calender! I cant wait to make one for Oli next year! :)

Tim Atkinson said...

I wanted to make an Advent task calendar this year but was out-voted by Sally and Sarah! Next year, though...

Unknown said...

I love the calendar too, It is so unusual, and I love the task card idea too! suzie. xxx

Louise said...

Oh, I can't wait for Isaac to be old enough for all this, said with much stamping of feet ;-)

Unknown said...

Such fun traditions! :)

BadPenny said...

lovely.

My teens's task - try to get out of bed ppppllleeeaasseee !

Make do Mum said...

The calendar is fab. I was thinking of making one in bunting style but surprise, surprise I haven't got around to it!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the excellent information!

san Diego air conditioning repair
san diego home air conditioning replacement

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails