Saturday 12 December 2009

Doesnt everything Look Better in the Morning

Thank you so much for your kind comments last night, they were a real tonic.  I couldnt hit the sherry too hard, as we didnt have a lot left as I had used it in the Christmas Cakes and Puddings!!!

MadDad and my wonderful FIL managed to get things sorted and now we are beginning the drying out stage.  They made a tiny whole in the ceiling and most of the water drained through that in the utility area.

I have mopped the floor and we are starting on the washing moutain in the hope that some of the marks etc will come out of them.

Things we have learned:

It is good to know where your stopcock is (I did thankfully)
Things alway look better in the light of day.
It pays to have a handy father
It is only bricks and mortar, the people who make this house a home are all fine.

So we are going to clean the carpet, paint the ceiling and make sure there is no long term damage.  We have spoke to the insurance company and our excess possibly prohibits a claim for us at this time. 

Have a wonderful weekend friends one and all.

Share/Save/Bookmark

11 comments:

Louise said...

Shame about the insurance but so glad a disaster hasn't turned into a crisis :-) At least it happened now and not in two weeks time... Pleased to hear your feeling better x

Unknown said...

I am so glad you are sounding so much more perky today! It will be ok by christmas hopefully. Nigella Lawson has just come on the telly, almost as daft as Kirsty, in the sense that one time she actually said something on the lines as.... you know what its like when you are busy, I just pop to harrods (somewhere like that!) in a taxi to get my supplies, ha ha ha (laughed in a jolly ho type of voice!). Hope that brought a smile to your face!
No, some may not have as much, but I say enjoy what you have got! Hope you have a better day! suzie. xxx

BadPenny said...

oh I've only just caught up with both posts ...I'm so sorry you have had to deal with that . I would have cried too.

There is a circle of friendship award for you to collect on my blog xx

Make do Mum said...

Oh no! That sounds like a nightmare. At least you acted quickly and stopped things from being much worse. Does your plumbers insurance cover it?
Glad you are feeling more positive today :)

Wendy said...

Glad you are feeling better this morning.

Pomona said...

It's horrid when things like that happen - I hope you can sort it out really quickly. I learned about the hole in the ceiling trick when we had a leak - it stopped the whole ceiling coming down for us.
And if you have run out of sherry, perhaps you could just eat the cake - I find it always makes me feel better!

Pomona x

Anonymous said...

Hello, I've only just found your blog having looked at your lovely tea cup candle post and then have read your past couple of posts and also your intro's at the beginning of your blog too. I'm sorry the last few days have been difficult, but was glad to read that things were looking better in the light of today.

skirts and wellies said...

A bit of sleep always helps. Once I've had time to process then the way through is visible. Maybe not clear.... but at least there's a sign of light. Is that like most women?

And the insurance people are creeps, but we all knew that!

Jen Walshaw said...

Again thank you all. We are all fine, the ceiling will be fine and the insurance company may come out and see things, but we are not sure.

I have had a lovely day with 3 manic little boys (Local AFC football party 60 under 8's going mad) and then done some crafting with them.

I love my house again, just not incompetent plumbers!!

Unknown said...

Oh, I am happy you have had a good day! And that you love your house again. loving your home is so important, it really is a safe haven through rough times! big hugs to you. suzie. xxx

Ang (A Mum's Survival Guide) said...

Glad you're all ok, sad about the insurance though.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails