Saturday 25 July 2009

My new baby and My first sewing project

My mother is a sewer extraordinaire. I grew up wearing home made clothes, she made our bedding, curtains and loads of fancy dress costumes.

Guess what, I think that she must of intimidated me on the sewing front, as I am a cant sew, wont sew girl.
But times are a changing, let me introduce you to the new member of the MadHouse - Sally The Sewing Machine. She is a Singer handed down from my mummy. She is very old, much older than I am, but she sews and that is all I need.

I needed to make the boys some painting smocks and this was one of the things I remember my mum doing, although hers were much more intricate than mine as she included Velcro at the back and elasticated sleeves. All I did was re-purpose some of MadDads old work shirts and cut off the sleeves, collar and then shortened them. Voila






The very very handsome Youngest MiniMad modeling said art smock

Related Posts with Thumbnails